Taxi service for pets launched in Bahrain
Manama, 20 days ago
Animal lovers have been taking advantage of a new pet taxi service believed to be the first of its kind in Bahrain.
Abdulmonem Hujair has been transporting dogs, cats and even birds across the country for the last three months, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
He says most of his jobs involve taking people's pets to the vet or for grooming appointments and his customers are a mix of Bahrainis and expatriates.
The Bahraini got the idea for Pet's Home when he was on a business trip to Germany.
"I have a pet shop in Hamala and keep travelling for business," he said.
"When I went to Germany last year, I saw pet service providers and the idea clicked.
"Our specialty is transporting pets and assisting owners who can't find time or don't drive to get their pets to those important vet and groomer or clinic appointments, airport, or anywhere else they need to go.
"Sometimes the owner is ill or injured and unable to transport their pet to a scheduled appointment.
"When these situations occur, they have an option of using our services.
"They don't need to take off from work, miss an appointment or call family members for help."
Hujair charges BD10 ($26) to BD15 for his pet taxi service and is also planning to offer grooming services and allow people to rent dogs for children's parties.
"I am a pet lover and I have many birds at home," he said.
"We chauffeur furry customers to their destinations in a safe, clean, climate controlled van with a pet access ramp, on-board carriers and plenty of fresh drinking water." - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners