SK Construction wins Kuwait order
Kuwait City, November 29, 2007
Kuwait Petroleum Corp (KPC) has awarded a $700 million gas plant order to SK Engineering and Construction Co Ltd, the South Korean company said.
The gas plant, to be built within the Mina Al Ahmadi oil refinery by the Gulf, will process 800 million cubic feet of associated gas and 106,000 barrels of natural gas condensates to produce ethane, propane and butane gas, SK Engineering said.
Construction is to last 38 months.
SK Engineering is also involved in three other oil-related projects in Kuwait, worth a total of $3.1 billion, the firm said. Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships
- Taqa wins approval for N Sea development
- BP to develop $16bn Oman shale gas project