Lamprell in Scorpion Offshore deal
Dubai, December 16, 2007
UAE-based engineering services provider Lamprell has scored a $175.9 million deal from Scorpion Offshore to build a jack-up drilling rig.
This contract is for the construction and delivery of a completely outfitted and equipped LeTourneau Super 116E unit, Lamprell said.
The rig is due for delivery at the end of 2009.
The lump-sum turnkey contract that covers all aspects of the project execution.
The order is the second between Lamprell and Scorpion for a LeTourneau-designed drilling rig.
Tags: Lamprell |
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'