Adnoc mulls Ruwais refinery capacity boost
Abu Dhabi, February 25, 2008
Abu Dhabi National Oil Co (Adnoc) is studying plans to more than double the capacity at its largest crude refinery at Ruwais.
The envisaged expansion would add 417,000 barrels per day (bpd) to the current 400,000 bpd capacity at the plant, Jasem Ali al-Sayegh, general manager of Adnoc's refining arm, told reporters on the sidelines of an energy conference.
The engineering and design study for the plan is expected to be completed by the end of this year or the first quarter of next year, he said. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday
- Saudi plans to double power generation
- Iran decades away from becoming gas export giant
- Pakistan, Iran to speed up gas pipeline project
- Opec cuts output closer to 2014 demand
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Rolls Royce wins Abu Dhabi offshore deal
- Alternative energy strategies probed