Adnoc mulls Ruwais refinery capacity boost
Abu Dhabi, February 25, 2008
Abu Dhabi National Oil Co (Adnoc) is studying plans to more than double the capacity at its largest crude refinery at Ruwais.
The envisaged expansion would add 417,000 barrels per day (bpd) to the current 400,000 bpd capacity at the plant, Jasem Ali al-Sayegh, general manager of Adnoc's refining arm, told reporters on the sidelines of an energy conference.
The engineering and design study for the plan is expected to be completed by the end of this year or the first quarter of next year, he said. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone
- Iran, Iraq put Opec on notice of big oil increases
- Iraq, Kurds close to deal on oil exports, revenue
- Kuwait refinery signs up Honeywell
- Alstom to set up Saudi power generation JV