Power-Gen expo back in Bahrain
Manama, March 18, 2008
Following a hugely successful event this year, a top conference and exhibition for the power generation, transmission and distribution and water industries will return to Bahrain next year.
Power-Gen Middle East 2008 enjoyed a 26 per cent increase in visitor numbers and a 30 per cent growth in exhibitors at the event last month.
It has announced that next year's event will be hosted at the Bahrain International Exhibition Centre from March 8 to 10.
With all the GCC countries requiring significant growth in the power and water sectors, an estimated $120 billion investment is anticipated in the industry over the next 10 years.
The first phase of the GCC interconnection grid is due to come on-line this year, providing inter-connected states with the chance to improve the economic and operational efficiency of their local power systems, while strengthening supply reliability and security.
An estimated 8 per cent of all Arab investment is going into the power sector over the next few years, providing excellent business opportunities across the Gulf region.
With over 120 expected exhibitors and over 3,000 expected visitors from over 50 countries, Power-Gen Middle East will be the most important annual meeting place for international power and water executives for the Middle East and North Africa region.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships