Shell in talks with Reliance on D6 block
Paris, April 11, 2008
Royal Dutch Shell said it was in talks with India's Reliance about taking a stake in that company's D6 block in the Krishna Godavari basin off India's east coast.
'They've been remarkably successful in the development of the block so far and I think the growth of the Indian gas market is obviously going to be important for the future,' Malcolm Brinded, Shell's head of exploration and production, said.
He was speaking on the sidelines of the International Oil Summit in Paris.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday
- Saudi plans to double power generation
- Iran decades away from becoming gas export giant
- Pakistan, Iran to speed up gas pipeline project
- Opec cuts output closer to 2014 demand
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Rolls Royce wins Abu Dhabi offshore deal
- Alternative energy strategies probed
- GCC firms consider Occidental Mena stake bid
- Experts discuss Mena energy markets outlook