Saudi starts pumping oil from giant field
Dubai, September 3, 2008
The world's top oil exporter Saudi Arabia has started pumping oil from the 500,000 barrels per day (bpd) Khursaniyah oilfield, a source at state oil firm Saudi Aramco said on Wednesday.
The oilfield is the largest single increment to global oil production for several years and was initially due to start up in December.
'The facility is operational and producing crude,' the source said. 'Its production rates are dependent on our (the company's) monthly production targets for each facility.'-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships
- Taqa wins approval for N Sea development