Diesel prices to be cut by 70 fils
Dubai, October 16, 2008
Dubai oil retailers Enoc and Eppco will slash the price of diesel by 70 fils a gallon from October 20, following the dip in global oil prices, a report said.
This cut will reduce the price to Dh14.55 from the present Dh15.25. This is the ninth straight cut since July, an Enoc spokesman was quoted as saying in the Emirates Business report.
'We call on industries that were affected by the earlier diesel price rises to reconsider their position as they said they had increased their prices because of the high cost of fuel. Now that the price has fallen the public expect their prices to decline as well,' he added.
Adnoc diesel price remains unchanged at Dh8.60 while petrol prices are not affected by the cut.
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'