PowerGen show moves to Doha
Manama, February 24, 2009
The top power and water show, PowerGen Middle East, held in Bahrain for the last three years, is moving to Doha.
But organiser PenWell Corporation said yesterday the move, which means the next show will be held in November 2010, was no reflection on Bahrain as a venue.
'Bahrain has been a very successful venue since we have had the event there for the last three years,' said marketing manager Sakina Najmi, from the UK.
'We normally move our events from place to place and as part of it, we have moved PowerGen to Doha.
'We hope to come back to the country soon.'
She said Bahrain had become the event's home in the Middle East.
'The patronage we have received from Prime Minister Shaikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa and the co-operation of the Works Ministry and Electricity and Water Authority have contributed greatly to the event's growth and success.'
She said the agreement to hold the event in Doha, from November 1 to 4 next year, was signed last Saturday.
'The Qatar economy is one of the most rapidly growing in the world, offering the international community world-class and cutting-edge products and services.'
'It's power generation will increase by 193.5 per cent before 2018, almost top of the range for the Mena region.'
She said the event provided an annual forum where industry leaders could share lessons learned about power generation, transmission and distribution and water industries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt/Saudi grid tenders to be launched in 2014
- Scottish oilfield firm expands in Mideast
- Global oil demand growth 'gaining momentum'
- Taqa targets $20m saving with HQ restructure
- Total seals Oman deepwater drilling deal
- Egypt in gas price talks with foreign firms
- Exxon offers rare Saudi gasoil term contract
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday