Flowserve, Al Rushaid open large pump facility
Riyadh, March 22, 2009
Flowserve Corporation and Al Rushaid Group have opened the region's largest pump manufacturing, repair and testing facility in Saudi Arabia.
“We are very pleased to work with Flowserve to open this facility, which is designed to support major customers within Saudi Arabia and the surrounding Arabian Gulf Countries,” said Sheikh Abdullah Al Rushaid, chairman, Al Rushaid Group.
'Together with Flowserve, we will help customers optimise plant uptime and develop ways to control their operating, maintenance and related costs.'
The facility is designed to support customers in the oil and gas, petrochemical, power, water, desalination, chemical and other industries.
'This state-of-the-art, robust facility helps us deliver outstanding service to our Middle East customers – its scope, size and capabilities are unmatched in the region,” said Lewis Kling, president and chief, Flowserve Corporation.
A key component of the facility is the region’s largest, most capable hydraulics test facility, which is capable of certified testing to both API and international standards, for both horizontal and vertical pumps. The facility will allow customers to verify equipment performance, or diagnose and correct problems.
Future expansion plans include the Middle East's first hydraulics training centre, which will feature state-of-the-art classrooms, along with static and dynamic laboratories.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships
- Taqa wins approval for N Sea development
- BP to develop $16bn Oman shale gas project