Taqa completes acquisition of Marubeni stake
Abu Dhabi, March 23, 2009
Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (Taqa), a global energy company, has closed its $320 million acquisition of a 50 per cent equity stake in the existing Caribbean portfolio of Marubeni Corporation.
Commenting on the closing of the transaction, Peter Barker-Homek, chief executive officer of Taqa, said: “The closing of the transaction marks an important milestone in Taqa’s global operations. This transaction demonstrates our strategic objective to deliver profitable growth in new and existing markets. We remain committed to seeking out acquisitions that offer stable cash flows and compliment our existing experience and expertise.
“The joint venture with Marubeni enhances our existing diversified energy portfolio and will act as a platform to explore multiple opportunities through long-term investment in the region,” he said.
Marubeni’s assets in the region were part-owned and operated in conjunction with local and international partners. The purchase is made under a 50/50 joint venture focused on long-term investments in the energy sector in the region.
The new joint venture portfolio consists of equity stakes in power generation and transmission facilities with a combined generation capacity of 2,300 MW (gross) in Jamaica, the Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago and Curaçao.
Taqa’s role is operational, with its 50 per cent interest represented at the board level at each facility and holding key management positions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Topaz Energy unit posts 22pc revenue growth
- Top oil & gas show opens in Dubai
- Coal 'no solution to Egypt's energy woes'
- 300 oil and gas firms to showcase products at Dubai event
- Iranian oil import surges to one-year high
- Egypt will get oil aid from Arab states
- New technology for Bahrain's gas industry to save $300m
- Innovations key focus at Geoscience expo
- Iran seals gas export deal with Oman
- Total unit inks Elf Lubricants agreement
- Opec raises forecast for 2014 global oil demand
- Mitsui joins DME as trading member
- GE Power Conversion wins major SEC order
- Basra Light crude exports to rebound in April
- Aramco to produce unconventional gas for projects
- Alstom opens smart grid centre in Dubai
- Experts discuss key geosciences issues
- Egypt to permit factories to use coal for energy
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit