Shaw to work on Algeria LPG facility
Baton Rouge , March 26, 2009
The Shaw Group today (March 26) announced its energy & chemicals group has been selected to provide engineering services for Sonatrach’s liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) recovery facility in Algeria.
Sonatrach’s planned 24 million standard cu mt per day grassroots LPG recovery facility, located near Hassi Messaoud, is expected to be completed in the first half of 2012.
Shaw performed the front end engineering design (FEED) work and will be a subcontractor to Saipem S.p.A. for the subsequent phase.
“Our diligent efforts in the design phase of the plant were a contributing factor to our continued involvement in this important project,” said Lou Pucher, president of Shaw’s energy & chemicals group.
“This award reinforces our upstream initiatives and further develops our project portfolio in North Africa,” he added.
Shaw’s contract, which will be included in the company’s third quarter fiscal year 2009 backlog of unfilled orders, was undisclosed.
The duration of the engineering services is expected to be in excess of two years. – TradeAreabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone
- Iran, Iraq put Opec on notice of big oil increases
- Iraq, Kurds close to deal on oil exports, revenue
- Kuwait refinery signs up Honeywell
- Alstom to set up Saudi power generation JV
- Taqa's Moroccan unit set to launch IPO
- Shell launches record-breaking gas ship
- Utico to set up coal-fired plant in Namibia