Northbridge unit wins key Yemen contract
Dubai, April 19, 2009
RDS (Technical), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Northbridge Middle East, has won a rental contract from Jabal Salab Company (Yemen) for supply of generators and transformers to its Zinc project together with a maintenance agreement.
Based in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Northbridge ME is an energy services rental company catering to firms in the Middle East and North Africa and Central Asia region.
Under the contract, RDS will supply generators and transformers and associated equipment to Jabal Salab's zinc project in Yemen.
The contract is due to start in September 2009 with the full package expected on site in the first half of 2010, said a company official.
'It has a minimum service period for the hire of the equipment of 12 months and is renewable thereafter. The value of the minimum service period is $2.9 million,' Northbridge Industrial Services CEO Eric Hook said.
'In June 2008 we acquired new premises in the Middle East in order to facilitate more rapid growth in this important region,' he pointed out.
'Winning this contract represents an important successful step in Northbridge's objective of becoming a key supplier of specialised rental services in the Middle East,' Hook added.
The majority shareholder of Jabal Salab is Zincox Resources, an AIM-quoted company registered on the London Stock Exchange which specialises in low cost production of zinc from mined zinc oxide.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships