Sonatrach awards 4 contracts to Shoaibi Group
Algiers, May 13, 2009
Shoaibi Group, a leading oil and gas technology and service provider for the Mena region, has won four major contracts from Algeria's state owned energy group, Sonatrach, Europe’s second largest gas supplier.
Sonatrach is partnering with the Shoaibi represented firms, to benefit from their expertise in the application of new technologies in oil and mining exploration.
The first contract was signed with Arkex, for geophysical surveying using their proven BlueQube technology. BlueQube is a state-of-the-art technology that provides with an accurate picture of the sub surface geology.
This includes a three year agreement with the first survey in the Ain Regada, Souk Ahras province.
The Second contract was signed with Flotech for installation of intelligent completions, while the third contract was signed by Artificial Lift Company (ALC) to cover the installation of rigless Electrical Submersible Pumps (ESP)s on several wells.
The fourth contract was signed with Ingrain for providing technology that computes the physical properties and fluid flow characteristics of oil and gas reservoir rocks.
“We are honoured to have the opportunity to work with Sonatrach and offer our support in bringing new technologies. We will work together in achieving our objectives for the Algerian oil and gas industry and look forward to contributing to its growth,” said Faisal Al Shoaibi, director of Shoaibi Group.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Saudi Aramco awards major gas plant contract
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive