Sonatrach plans $63bn investments
Abu Dhabi, May 28, 2009
Algeria's state energy company Sonatrach plans to spend $63 billion on oil and gas developments between 2009 and 2013, its chief executive said on Thursday.
Mohamed Meziane was speaking at an industry conference in the UAE capital Abu Dhabi.
He said Sonatrach is currently exporting 60 billion cubic metres (bcm) of gas per year and is targeting 85 bcm by 2012
The firm is currently producing 150 bcm of gas per year, Meziane said. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Saudi Aramco awards major gas plant contract
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive