Total, Rostamani sign distribution deal
Dubai, June 21, 2009
Total Lubricants ME has appointed AW Rostamani Trading as the distributor of Elf lubricants in Dubai and across the Northern Emirates. The partnership aims to place the Elf brand in the top 5 position within the retail market in just two years.
Jacques Souplet, managing director of Total Lubricants ME and Khalid Al Rostamani, vice chairman of AW Rostamani Group and Michel I Ayat, CEO of AW Rostamani Trading signed an agreement in this regard.
Total Lubricants Middle East has been in the UAE for over 25 years promoting both Total and Elf brands.
Last year, more than 100,000 tons of Total and Elf lubricants were produced at the Total Lubricant Blending plant in Jebel Ali catering to increasing domestic and regional demand.
"Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world and therefore it is only fitting that we join with such a high profile partner as AW Rostamani to distribute Elf products," said Souplet.
"Elf has a high performance legacy in motor sport delivering the best results even in the toughest of environment and climates. With this new partnership and a globally powerful brand heritage, there is no doubt that Elf will emerge as a leading lubricant player in Dubai and the Northern Emirates," he pointed out.
Khalid Al Rostamani expressed delight at the agreement and being the official distributor of Elf lubricants in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
"This represents our common objective of providing the highest quality products and services to customers and suppliers. We believe this is just the start of a long and fruitful partnership," he remarked.
AW Rostamani Trading has an extensive and well established network of 70 authorised dealers through which Elf products will be distributed. Both teams have put together an aggressive marketing campaign targeting all channels in retail and the service centre market.
The Elf brand, synonymous with Formula 1 success, is recognised worldwide for its advanced technology and superior performance demonstrated through several Formula 1 and Moto GP wins.
Elf’s expertise combined with its passion for technology also makes it an attractive and premium brand.
In addition, Elf shares a long history and a successful 40-year partnership with Renault Group and the agreement with AW Rostamani - exclusive dealers of Nissan, Renault, and Infiniti cars in Dubai and the Northern Emirates - will help extend this partnership further.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms
- Iraq approves power plant investments
- 670,000 oil & gas wells ‘need to be drilled’
- Qatar bourse celebrates Mesaieed listing