Taqa's first North Sea oil well on stream
Abu Dhabi, October 27, 2009
Taqa Bratani, (the UK arm of the Abu Dhabi National Energy Company), has announced production from its first new North Sea oil well.
The well was drilled from the Taqa Bratani operated North Cormorant platform and was completed safely, on time and within budget.
This latest producing well is a side track from the existing CN30 well in the Brent reservoir of the Cormorant field and lies in around 530 feet of water. The well is expected to produce around 10,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day.
“This is another milestone for Taqa Bratani. In the nine short months since we purchased four operated platforms we have achieved a tremendous amount, including reactivating the dormant North Cormorant platform drilling rig to full working order and successfully drilling this significant producing well,” stated Leo Koot, Taqa Bratani managing director.
The new production well is part of a programme of activity Taqa Bratani has planned for 2009/2010, which includes further platform in-fill drilling and mobile drilling for sub-sea development wells.
Seismic has also been acquired on all Taqa Bratani northern North Sea acreage and is being processed to identify further development targets.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms
- Iraq approves power plant investments
- 670,000 oil & gas wells ‘need to be drilled’
- Qatar bourse celebrates Mesaieed listing