Oil price stable, volatility at minimum: Saudi
Cairo, December 5, 2009
Current oil price is good and that sharp price movements were no longer a problem, said Saudi Arabia's Oil Minister Ali Al Naimi on Saturday.
"The market is stable right now, volatility is at minimum," he told reporters. "Everybody is happy with the price, it's in the right range."
"There is nothing to worry about,” he added.
Speaking shortly before the start of a meeting of OAPEC (Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries) Arab oil producers, Al Naimi said Opec members' compliance with output targets was good.
"I would say compliance is good," he said. “I can tell you that we, Saudi Arabia, are in full compliance.” – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Saudi Aramco awards major gas plant contract
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive