Iraq decision on oil deals by year end
Baghdad, December 5, 2009
Iraq's government is expected to decide on deals with oil majors to develop the West Qurna and Zubair oilfields before the end of 2009, an Iraqi oil official said on Saturday.
Cabinet approval of a contract for an Eni-led group to develop Zubair and for an Exxon Mobil-led consortium to work the West Qurna Phase One project had been early in Novembers, but has been pushed back.
'Before the end of the year, God willing,' the official told reporters in Cairo in response to a question about a timeframe.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Iran to boost diesel exports to Iraq
- European oil price investigation widens
- Key Iraq energy conference in Abu Dhabi
- Gulf Petrochem receives Meed award
- Mideast facing ‘double dilemma’ over oil future
- Taqa ranked top UAE energy firm by Forbes
- Ipic head appointed GEM chairman
- Qatar Petroleum unit rebranded as Alwaseeta
- QPI plans to extend Centrica deal in N. America
- Masdar CEO urges diversified energy mix