Iraq cabinet ratifies 4 major oilfield deals
Baghdad, January 5, 2010
Iraq's cabinet has ratified deals with foreign energy firms to develop four oilfields, the government spokesman said on Tuesday.
'The Cabinet has ratified four oilfields: Majnoon, Gharaf, and in Nineveh province Qayara and al-Najmah,' spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said.
Last month, groups including Royal Dutch Shell and Malaysia's Petronas initialled deals for the fields, which include supergiant Majnoon.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships