RasGas train 7 to start production in Feb
Doha, January 26, 2010
Qatar's RasGas plans to start production on its 7.8 million tonnes per year (tpy) liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility in February, a company executive said on Tuesday.
"As of today...we are in commissioning and anticipate that train 7 will be started up in February," Jeff Jones, operations expansion manager at the company said.
Train 6, another mega production facility was currently operation at full capacity, he said.
RasGas is 70 percent owned by Qatar Petroleum and 30 per cent by US oil and gas major Exxon Mobil. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone
- Iran, Iraq put Opec on notice of big oil increases
- Iraq, Kurds close to deal on oil exports, revenue
- Kuwait refinery signs up Honeywell
- Alstom to set up Saudi power generation JV