Shah gas project start up in 2014
Abu Dhabi, March 30, 2010
The Shah gas project, a joint venture between state-run Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc) and ConocoPhillips, will start up by the second or third quarter of 2014, the joint venture's top official said.
The Shah project is the first the United Arab Emirates, which holds the world's fifth largest gas reserves, has undertaken to exploit a sour gas field. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'