Bahrain to shut refinery units for work in Feb
Manama, May 27, 2010
Bahrain will shut a 69,000 barrels per day (bpd) crude unit during maintenance at its 267,000 bpd Sitra refinery in February 2011, a company source said on Thursday.
State-run Bahrain Petroleum Company (Bapco) would also shut a 70,000 bpd vacuum distillation unit and a 50,000 bpd low sulphur diesel complex, the source said.
'February 16, 2011, the refiney will undergo a scheduled major maintenance shutdown...for about a month,' the source told Reuters.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'