Enoc refuels debut flight at new Dubai airport
Dubai, June 21, 2010
Enoc Aviation became the first supplier to provide jet fuel to an aircraft at the new Al Maktoum International Airport in Jebel Ali on June 20.
This aircraft was an Emirates airline cargo flight from Hong Kong to Düsseldorf.
When fully completed, Al Maktoum International Airport will be the world’s largest passenger and cargo hub with a design capacity of over 12 million tonnes of cargo a year and in excess of 120 million passengers annually and capable of handling all new generation aircraft.
The airport will be ten times the size of Dubai International Airport and Dubai Cargo Village combined, a statement said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'