Shaw wins Takreer contract
Abu Dhabi, August 5, 2010
The Shaw Group has won a project management consultancy services contract from Abu Dhabi Oil Refining Company (Takreer).
The contract covers the engineering, procurement and construction phase of a base oils plant at the Ruwais Industrial Complex in Abu Dhabi.
The facility will produce 500,000 tonnes per year (tpy) of Group III base oils, as well as 100,000tpy of Group II base oils, and is scheduled to begin commercial production in 2013. Group II and III base oils are used for blending top-tier lubricants for car engines.
“Our recent involvement with Takreer began when our Residue Fluid Catalytic Cracking technology was selected for what will be the world’s largest RFCC unit,” said Lou Pucher, president of Shaw’s Energy & Chemicals Group. “Today, our involvement continues as we enhance our project management consultancy credentials by supporting Takreer in the development of this base oils plant.”
The value of the contract was not disclosed.
The Shaw Group is a leading global provider of engineering, construction, technology, fabrication, remediation and support services for clients in the energy, chemicals, environmental, infrastructure and emergency response industries. –Business Wire
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships