Dana Gas makes new discovery in Egypt
Dubai, September 5, 2010
The UAE-based Dana Gas said on Sunday it had made another gas discovery in Egypt, the firm's fourth gas find in the country.
The well, South Abu El Naga-1ST in the Nile Delta region, has preliminary estimated reserves of 50 to 90 billion standard cubic feet of gas, with 1 to 2 million barrels of associated condense, Dana said in a statement.
The well will be further appraised and development options studied, the company added.
"The discovery at the South Abu El Naga-1ST well adds significantly to the company's hydrocarbon reserves," Dana's Egypt president, Hany Elsharkawi, said in the statement.
Dana, the Gulf's only listed natural gas company, also said it started new production from the Sharabas & Faraskur fields in August via its El Wastani gas plant.
Total Egypt production as at August 31 stands at 230 million standard cubic feet per day, plus 7,000 barrels per day of condensate and LPG.
Last month, Dana posted a net profit of 33 million dirhams in the second quarter, as its Egypt and Kurdistan operations delivered high output, but the results fell short of analysts estimates. -Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Topaz Energy unit posts 22pc revenue growth
- Top oil & gas show opens in Dubai
- Coal 'no solution to Egypt's energy woes'
- 300 oil and gas firms to showcase products at Dubai event
- Iranian oil import surges to one-year high
- Egypt will get oil aid from Arab states
- New technology for Bahrain's gas industry to save $300m
- Innovations key focus at Geoscience expo
- Iran seals gas export deal with Oman
- Total unit inks Elf Lubricants agreement
- Opec raises forecast for 2014 global oil demand
- Mitsui joins DME as trading member
- GE Power Conversion wins major SEC order
- Basra Light crude exports to rebound in April
- Aramco to produce unconventional gas for projects
- Alstom opens smart grid centre in Dubai
- Experts discuss key geosciences issues
- Egypt to permit factories to use coal for energy
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit