No plans to quit Yemen after shooting: OMV
Vienna, October 6, 2010
Energy group OMV has no plans to quit its operations in Yemen after a security guard opened fire at its branch office there, killing a French contractor.
"The Middle East is a core region for us and we are fully committed to it," spokeswoman Michaela Huber said.
Vienna-based OMV has been active in Yemen since 2003. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Iran to boost diesel exports to Iraq
- European oil price investigation widens
- Key Iraq energy conference in Abu Dhabi
- Gulf Petrochem receives Meed award
- Mideast facing ‘double dilemma’ over oil future
- Taqa ranked top UAE energy firm by Forbes
- Ipic head appointed GEM chairman
- Qatar Petroleum unit rebranded as Alwaseeta
- QPI plans to extend Centrica deal in N. America
- Masdar CEO urges diversified energy mix