Kuwait to shut down ageing Shuaiba refinery
Kuwait, October 7, 2010
Opec oil exporter Kuwait plans for a total shutdown of its ageing 200,000-barrel-per-day (bpd) Shuaiba refinery for maintenance in April next year, Kuwait National Petroleum Company said on Thursday.
The company also plans for a maintenance for its 460,000 bpd Mina al-Ahmadi in November to December this year, Kuwait National Petroleum Company added.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships
- Taqa wins approval for N Sea development
- BP to develop $16bn Oman shale gas project