Kuwait oil capacity at 3.4m bpd by end-Oct
Kuwait , October 17, 2010
Kuwait's oil production capacity will reach 3.42 million barrels a day (bpd) by the end of the month, the state news agency Kuna said on Sunday.
Kuna quoted Sami Al-Rushaid, chairman of state explorer Kuwait Oil Co., as saying 120,000 barrels would be added to the country's current capacity of 3.3 million barrels per day, including oil produced from a zone it shares with Saudi Arabia.
Opec member Kuwait is the world's fourth-largest oil exporter. It plans to boost its output capacity to 4 million bpd by 2020. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships