AMB-Hertel wins Ruwais refinery contract
London, November 11, 2010
AMB-Hertel has won an insulation and scaffolding contract from Samsung Engineering for the Abu Dhabi Oil Refinery Company's (Takreer) $2.7 billion Ruwais refinery expansion project.
AMB-Hertel is a joint venture between Al Masaood Group and Hertel, a global industrial services company.
The two-year contract covers more than 180,000 sqm and includes the process, desalination and waste water treatment areas, as well as providing insulation and scaffolding services needed to link the new areas with the existing Ruwais refinery plant.
The work for utilities and offsite is one of eight packages to be awarded for the project.
AMB-Hertel has previously worked with Samsung Engineering on the Borouge-2 project.
“AMB-Hertel prides itself on being able to find bespoke solutions for clients. Being awarded this contract is a testament to that approach and of the reliable performance we have previously provided for Samsung Engineering,” said Raghu Veer Singh, Hertel’s regional business development manager.
“With the competitive nature of this sector, we are proud to be associated with
Samsung Engineering again. We value the trust they have shown in awarding AMB-Hertel with this prestigious contract and our focus on safety, quality and efficiency are not only core elements of our business in the Middle East but something we share with Samsung Engineering,” added John Potts, regional board director Hertel Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships
- Taqa wins approval for N Sea development
- BP to develop $16bn Oman shale gas project