Qatar energy minister named QP head
Doha, February 14, 2011
Qatar's new energy minister, who took over last month, was also appointed chairman of Qatar Petroleum, the state news agency said on Monday.
Energy Minister Mohamed Saleh Al-Sada will also be managing director at state-run Qatar Petroleum, the Qatar News Agency said.
Rasgas managing director Hamad Rashid Al Mohannadi was named deputy chairman. Members of the board of directors serve for four years.
Qatar replaced veteran energy minister Abdullah Al-Attiyah with junior minister Al-Sada in January.
Al-Sada was previously managing director of Rasgas Company, which operates the Ras Laffan Liquefied Natural Gas Company. Al-Attiyah was previously chairman of QP. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'