OMV unable to use Yemen pipeline
Vienna, March 15, 2011
Austrian energy group OMV said on Tuesday it would not be able to transport oil through Yemen's Safer Export Pipeline for the next two to three days as it is repaired following an incident.
"Because we are not the operator of this pipeline, we cannot give any information about the incident," spokeswoman Michaela Huber said in a statement.
Political unrest in the region has also hit Yemen. OMV sees it as an important place for expansion and usually gets 6,800 barrels of oil equivalent per day from the Haban oilfield in the centre of the country. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday
- Saudi plans to double power generation
- Iran decades away from becoming gas export giant
- Pakistan, Iran to speed up gas pipeline project
- Opec cuts output closer to 2014 demand
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Rolls Royce wins Abu Dhabi offshore deal
- Alternative energy strategies probed