Banagas sacks 51 employees
Manama, April 15, 2011
Banagas yesterday dismissed 51 employees who were found to have taken part in a strike last month called by the General Federation of Bahrain Trade Unions.
They faced an investigation panel before their services were terminated for absenteeism, a report in Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper, said.
"We have taken this action after it was found they not only took part in the strike, but also instigated others to do so," said a spokesman.
Meanwhile, 22 employees at Tatweer Petroleum were yesterday suspended, the Gulf Daily News said quoting sources.
Bapco had on Wednesday suspended 50 employees after it was found they had joined in the strike and instigated others to take part. The 22 Tatweer employees are thought to be part of this group, according to sources.
Bapco yesterday dismissed two more employees, the company said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant
- Qatar sets up $1bn energy infrastructure fund
- Sembcorp inks Oman utilities JV project
- Saudi diesel import set to hit record levels
- $1bn Salalah IWPP opened officially
- Saudi oil exports plunge in March
- Kuwait replaces top oil sector officials
- Iran to boost diesel exports to Iraq
- European oil price investigation widens