Storage tank hit by attack in south Iraq oilfields
Basra, June 5, 2011
Pumping at one oil storage tank in Iraq's southern oilfields was halted after an attack ignited a fire there, sources said on Sunday.
Firefighters were working to control the blaze after the tank near the country's Zubair oilfield was hit early on Sunday either by a rocket or a bomb, an Iraqi Oil Police source and a local oil industry source said. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships
- Taqa wins approval for N Sea development