Qatargas to sell 5m T of LNG to Argentina
Doha, June 29, 2011
Qatargas is to supply Argentina's Enarsa with 5 million tonnes of liquefied natural gas annually for 20 years from 2014, the world's biggest LNG producer said on Wednesday.
"Argentina is one of the world's fastest growing LNG markets, which needs long-term supplies to meet its increasing demand for natural gas," Mohammed Bin Saleh Al Sada, Qatar's energy minister and chairman of Qatargas said.
Qatar, the world's biggest LNG exporter, can produce up to 77 million tonnes of LNG a year. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt/Saudi grid tenders to be launched in 2014
- Scottish oilfield firm expands in Mideast
- Global oil demand growth 'gaining momentum'
- Taqa targets $20m saving with HQ restructure
- Total seals Oman deepwater drilling deal
- Egypt in gas price talks with foreign firms
- Exxon offers rare Saudi gasoil term contract
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday