Bahrain to set up energy agency
Manama, October 29, 2011
The National Oil and Gas Authority said it is partnering with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to prepare a feasibility study on setting up an energy agency in Bahrain.
The deal is part of UN co-operation with Bahrain aimed at promoting and implementing sustainable human resources strategies and programmes.
The UNDP will support Bahrain’s priorities regarding human resources as part of the 2012-2016 action plan.
Co-operation will contribute to developing various sectors through addressing social and economic needs, women empowerment, wise governance, political development and partnership between public and private sectors.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Rolls Royce wins Abu Dhabi offshore deal
- Alternative energy strategies probed
- GCC firms consider Occidental Mena stake bid
- Experts discuss Mena energy markets outlook
- Saudi Nov output steady, pumps 9.745m bpd
- Libya lost $7bn to oil strikes, says minister
- Iran to start gas exports to Iraq by July 2014
- Taqa invites banks ahead of bond issue
- Dewa ups 2014 budget by $1.8bn from 2013