Petrofac names new managing director
Dubai, February 14, 2012
Petrofac, the international oil & gas service provider, has appointed Craig Muir as managing director of its Engineering & Consulting Services business.
With 25 years of international industry experience Muir, who will be based in the Sharjah office, brings a wealth of operational and business experience to Petrofac.
Most recently Muir was executive vice president within growth regions for AMEC based in Abu Dhabi, where he held responsibility for AMEC’s regional growth in the Middle East, Africa and the CIS.
In his new role, Muir will take responsibility for the Engineering & Consulting Services business which includes engineering service centres in Woking (UK), India, Malaysia and Indonesia, and consultancy business, Plant Asset Management.
“Whilst I am looking forward to settling into the Sharjah, I will be mobile around our many locations getting to know and understand all the teams,” Muir said.
“Petrofac has a strong reputation and I look forward to supporting the Engineering & Consulting Services business in playing its part in upholding and developing the business capability, capacity and our performance into the future.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Qatari gas export revenue surges in April, oil down
- Adipec to recognise women empowerment
- New oil pipeline to Turkey soon say Kurds
- Qatar plans $46m investment in top solar group
- Bapco launches key competency project
- Sipchem picks HSBC as adviser for Sahara merger
- Sembcorp HV picks HSBC for Oman share sale
- Lukoil unit wins big gasoil supply deal in Egypt
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Bahrain’s new plan to tackle power, water