Iraq wants BP for giant oilfield project
London, February 25, 2012
Baghdad is seeking to involve BP in a major project to revive Iraq's giant northern Kirkuk oilfield, which is suffering from massive declines in production, according to industry sources.
'We envisage BP doing something similar to Rumaila at Kirkuk,' said an Iraqi oil executive. He was referring to a $30 billion BP-operated project to develop Iraq's biggest oilfield, located in southern Iraq.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships
- Taqa wins approval for N Sea development
- BP to develop $16bn Oman shale gas project