Iraq wants BP for giant oilfield project
London, February 25, 2012
Baghdad is seeking to involve BP in a major project to revive Iraq's giant northern Kirkuk oilfield, which is suffering from massive declines in production, according to industry sources.
'We envisage BP doing something similar to Rumaila at Kirkuk,' said an Iraqi oil executive. He was referring to a $30 billion BP-operated project to develop Iraq's biggest oilfield, located in southern Iraq.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Sembcorp HV picks HSBC for Oman share sale
- Lukoil unit wins big gasoil supply deal in Egypt
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Bahrain’s new plan to tackle power, water
- Equate wins CSR award
- APR Energy wins biggest Libya power contract
- Aramco-Dow JV raises funding for $19bn project
- GCC to pump over $250bn into power projects
- Oil soars to new high on ME unrest
- Iran oilfields 'could spring back from Western sanctions'