Minister reviews key Bapco issues
Manama, March 21, 2012
Energy Minister and Bahrain Petroleum Company (Bapco) chairman Dr Abdulhussain Mirza yesterday pledged to exert more efforts to further enhance the company's operations and its contribution in boosting the national economy.
He made the statement at a Bapco board meeting held in Awali.
The board reviewed a number of key issues related to Bapco's operational performance, in addition to the progress on implementing the recommendations included in the National Audit Court report.
The meeting also reviewed other key issues and discussed productivity improvement and cost reduction plans and current and future projects, including the ambitious Refinery Master Plan.
The meeting also discussed Bapco's financial results for 2011 and expressed its satisfaction with the results and congratulated the management and employees on achieving a historical record crude run of 271,300 bpd during November 2011.
Dr Mirza hailed the financial and operational performance of the company, praising Bapco's ability to continue its growth and enhance its prominent status locally and globally despite the challenges that are facing the petroleum industry internationally.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Iran to boost diesel exports to Iraq
- European oil price investigation widens
- Key Iraq energy conference in Abu Dhabi
- Gulf Petrochem receives Meed award
- Mideast facing ‘double dilemma’ over oil future
- Taqa ranked top UAE energy firm by Forbes
- Ipic head appointed GEM chairman
- Qatar Petroleum unit rebranded as Alwaseeta
- QPI plans to extend Centrica deal in N. America
- Masdar CEO urges diversified energy mix