New Merc Benz trucks for oil, gas sector
Muscat, March 25, 2012
Zawawi Trading Company (ZTC), the exclusive distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Oman, plans to introduce four new tough vehicle ranges at the upcoming Oil and Gas West Asia 2012 Exhibition and Conference.
Oil and Gas West Asia 2012 is being organised by the Ministry of Oil & Gas, Petroleum Development Oman (PDO), Oman LNG and other leading local companies from April 16 to 18 at the Oman International Exhibition Centre.
ZTC said it will be displaying a range of new and existing commercial vehicles at the bi-annual event, offering excellent transport logistic solutions to a significant oil and gas industry customer base.
Included in the line up are the Mercedes-Benz Vito and Sprinter vans, the evergreen Actros, through to the introduction of the Daimler Trucks North America range, including Freightliner & the ‘behemoth of the US oil industry’ - Western Star.
ZTC aims to use its debut show next month to capitalise on market share built by the multi-award winning Actros truck range in Oman, remarked Craig Hardie, the CEO of Automotive.
'With a superb pedigree for the tough environments offered by oil and gas, the Unimog and Zetros range of all-wheel drive vehicles will be shown for the first time at OGWA,' he stated.
'Borne out of the exacting standards of military requirements, the Unimog and Zetros are perfectly suited for Oman’s rugged terrain,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships