Aker wins wellhead supply contract in Egypt
Cairo, April 11, 2012
Aker Solutions, a global oil services group has signed a two-year agreement with Egyptian oil firm Badr Petroleum Company (Bapetco) towards supplying the oil company’s surface wellhead equipment in the Western Egypt.
Aker Solutions will also be the sole supplier for all installation and lifecycle services operations, a statement said. The value of the contract was not disclosed.
Dave Hutchinson, president of Aker Solutions in Asia Pacific, said: “We are very excited about this award, as it marks the successful entry of our surface business into the Egyptian and North African markets. Our ambition is to grow Aker Solutions’ operations in Mena.”
The contract will be delivered out of Aker Solutions’ surface products manufacturing centre in Batam, Indonesia, which was established in 1992. In 2009, Aker Solutions upgraded the Batam facility in order to increase its production capacity.
As a result, manufacturing capacity for production and assembly of surface wellheads and trees has increased by more than 50 per cent, or equivalent to 300,000 man hours.
Aker Solutions employs approximately 320 people in Batam of which 90 per cent are locals.
The contract was signed and booked as order intake in the first quarter of 2012. The contract party is Aker Solutions Singapore. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Topaz Energy unit posts 22pc revenue growth
- Top oil & gas show opens in Dubai
- Coal 'no solution to Egypt's energy woes'
- 300 oil and gas firms to showcase products at Dubai event
- Iranian oil import surges to one-year high
- Egypt will get oil aid from Arab states
- New technology for Bahrain's gas industry to save $300m
- Innovations key focus at Geoscience expo
- Iran seals gas export deal with Oman
- Total unit inks Elf Lubricants agreement
- Opec raises forecast for 2014 global oil demand
- Mitsui joins DME as trading member
- GE Power Conversion wins major SEC order
- Basra Light crude exports to rebound in April
- Aramco to produce unconventional gas for projects
- Alstom opens smart grid centre in Dubai
- Experts discuss key geosciences issues
- Egypt to permit factories to use coal for energy
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit