Aker wins wellhead supply contract in Egypt
Cairo, April 11, 2012
Aker Solutions, a global oil services group has signed a two-year agreement with Egyptian oil firm Badr Petroleum Company (Bapetco) towards supplying the oil company’s surface wellhead equipment in the Western Egypt.
Aker Solutions will also be the sole supplier for all installation and lifecycle services operations, a statement said. The value of the contract was not disclosed.
Dave Hutchinson, president of Aker Solutions in Asia Pacific, said: “We are very excited about this award, as it marks the successful entry of our surface business into the Egyptian and North African markets. Our ambition is to grow Aker Solutions’ operations in Mena.”
The contract will be delivered out of Aker Solutions’ surface products manufacturing centre in Batam, Indonesia, which was established in 1992. In 2009, Aker Solutions upgraded the Batam facility in order to increase its production capacity.
As a result, manufacturing capacity for production and assembly of surface wellheads and trees has increased by more than 50 per cent, or equivalent to 300,000 man hours.
Aker Solutions employs approximately 320 people in Batam of which 90 per cent are locals.
The contract was signed and booked as order intake in the first quarter of 2012. The contract party is Aker Solutions Singapore. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships