Yemen LNG to return to normal exports in May
London, April 19, 2012
Six cargoes of liquefied natural gas exports from Yemen LNG had to be cancelled due to the attack on its supply line last month, but all cargoes will be loaded on schedule in May, Yemen LNG said in a statement on Thursday.
The company said it expects to complete its annual maintenance shutdown on Friday, nine days ahead of the original schedule, which was brought forward after the gas line was sabotaged on March 30.
"We will increase LNG production to redeliver as much of the cancelled cargoes as possible before year end," Yemen LNG General Manager Francois Rafin said.
"We are confident in the prompt reinforcement of the surveillance and protection of the pipeline; the mobilization of a new security deployment is already in progress."
Yemen's oil and gas pipelines have been repeatedly sabotaged since anti-government protests last year created a power vacuum that militants have exploited.
It is not clear if the pipeline has been repaired yet and the company was not available for immediate comment. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt/Saudi grid tenders to be launched in 2014
- Scottish oilfield firm expands in Mideast
- Global oil demand growth 'gaining momentum'
- Taqa targets $20m saving with HQ restructure
- Total seals Oman deepwater drilling deal
- Egypt in gas price talks with foreign firms
- Exxon offers rare Saudi gasoil term contract
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday