Iraq oil exports rise to 2.5m bpd in April
Baghdad, May 1, 2012
Iraq's crude oil exports rose to 2.508 million barrels per day (bpd) in April from 2.317 million bpd in March as new offshore export terminals helped increase sales, the head of the State Oil Marketing Organisation (Somo) said on Tuesday.
Iraq aims to double oil output over the next three years as it recovers from decades of war and sanctions and is expected to provide the world's largest expansion in oil capacity in 2012 as new outlets open.
The opening of two new floating single point mooring (SPM) terminals have eased export constraints and boosted oil exports significantly.
In April, exports from the southern city of Basra rose to 2.115 million bpd from 1.917 million bpd in March, Falah Alamri told Reuters.
Shipments from the northern fields around Kirkuk were at 393,000 bpd for the month, of which 6,000 bpd was exported to Jordan via trucks, he said.
Iraq Oil Minister Abdul-Kareem Luaibi said last Wednesday he expected oil exports for April to be more than 2.4 million barrels per day. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms