Quality award for Qatari joint venture
Manama, May 23, 2012
Qatar Petroleum and Qatar Shell's Pearl GTL joint venture project has won the Meed Quality Project of the Year Award.
It also won the HLG Leighton Contracting Oil and Gas Project of the Year honours.
Meed Quality Awards for Projects 2012, in association with Ernst & Young, honours the region's highest quality projects.
The $314 million Bahrain Bapco Lube Base Oil Plant was the Bahrain national winner which contended for the different award categories.
"After a rigorous screening and judging process, our esteemed panel of judges has finally chosen the region's best projects, which stood out from the hundreds nominated for this year's edition of the Meed Quality Awards for Projects," said judging panel chairman Edmund O'Sullivan.
"We salute them for their outstanding achievements in design, engineering and construction, as well as for the economic, social and environmental contributions of their respective projects." – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Enoc unit to commission $100m oil terminal
- India's HPCL to buy 40,000 bpd of Basra
- Iran's petrochem revenue surges to $2bn
- Bahrain to boost energy efficiency
- Oil prices set for biggest weekly loss
- Egypt to issue smart cards to fuel stations
- Oil hits three-week low
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- Technip wins Adma-Opco contract
- Brent weakens towards $102