Muscat to host major power event
Muscat, November 6, 2012
Omani capital Muscat will host one of the region’s biggest forums for the electricity and energy industry next week.
The annual ‘GCC Power 2012’ Conference and Exhibition will take place from November 12 to 14 at the Asifa Ballroom of the Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort.
During a press conference that was held on November 4, 2012, the GCC Regional Committee for Large Electric Systems (GCC CIGRE) discussed the details of the ‘GCC Power 2012’ conference and exhibition, which
The 8th GCC – CIGRE International Conference and 17th Exhibition for Electrical Equipment (GCC Power 2012) are part of the GCC Regional Committee for Large Electric Systems’ (GCC CIGRE) efforts to develop the exchange of expert information and the latest technological solutions through a series of interactive panel discussions led by key industry experts from the participating countries, said Eng Thani Al-Khusaibi, advisor for transmission and planning affairs, Oman Electricity Transmission Company (OETC),.
Al-Khusaibi said the event will receive over 800 international industry experts, key specialists from the GCC, as well as a large number of local and international participating companies from the energy and electricity sector.
Dr Ali Al Ghafri, assistant chairman of electricity and water for international relations and information from Public Authority for Electricity and Water (PAEW) said: “The conference will discuss dozens of worksheets provided by senior decision-makers, academics and manufacturers in the region, experts, researchers and investors from around the world to deliberate on the present and future of the electricity industry in the Gulf region and ways to develop this dynamic sector.”
More information on the event is available at www.gcc-cigre-power.com – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Iranian oil import surges to one-year high
- Egypt will get oil aid from Arab states
- New technology for Bahrain's gas industry to save $300m
- Innovations key focus at Geoscience expo
- Iran seals gas export deal with Oman
- Total unit inks Elf Lubricants agreement
- Opec raises forecast for 2014 global oil demand
- Mitsui joins DME as trading member
- GE Power Conversion wins major SEC order
- Basra Light crude exports to rebound in April
- Aramco to produce unconventional gas for projects
- Alstom opens smart grid centre in Dubai
- Experts discuss key geosciences issues
- Egypt to permit factories to use coal for energy
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies