Adnoc wants to keep oil concession structure
Dubai, November 11, 2012
Abu Dhabi National Oil Co (Adnoc) is willing to keep the current structure of its oil and gas concessions in the United Arab Emirates unchanged, Adnoc's director-general said on Sunday.
The company will present its recommendation to the Supreme Petroleum Council of Abu Dhabi by early next year at the latest, added Abdulla Nasser Al Suwaidi
"It is our recomendation to have the same format. but this will be submitted to the SPC and they can decide if they want to change," Al Suwaidi told reporters on the sidelines of an oil and gas conference.
The UAE's concession system allows oil and gas producers to acquire equity in hydrocarbon resources from the Opec member country. The first concession renewal is coming up in 2014. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships
- Taqa wins approval for N Sea development