DuPont displays sustainable energy solutions
Abu Dhabi, November 12, 2012
DuPont, one of the leading science-powered companies, is presenting innovative oil and gas sustainable solutions at the ongoing Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (Adipec).
Adipec will run until November 14 at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
DuPont is showcasing high performance solutions that help customers drive growth while contributing to environmental progress, said a top official of the company.
“We believe that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs and thought leaders we can help find solutions to the Oil and Gas industry challenges,” said Ricardo Brahim, Oil & Gas Leader - Middle East.
“The international audience attending Adipec is an excellent platform to collaborate and establish new relationships and strengthen our business ties. There are substantial opportunities for many of our offerings across the region and we hope to capture them through our innovation and expertise.”
DuPont is known as the innovator of most of the standard practices for coating pipe with epoxy used in the world today.
DuPont Sustainable Solutions include DuPont Streamax, an antifouling and anticorrosion internal coating system used in production tubulars that provides flow assurance and corrosion protection in extreme environments over a wide temperature range.
DuPont Pipelon is an engineering resin used in non-metallic pipe applications to reduce hydrocarbon permeation and improve chemical and corrosion resistance.
Addressing safety issues in Oil & Gas, DuPont Protection Technologies include DuPont Nomex and Kevlar to provide thermal, mechanical and chemical protection to the Oil and Gas workers while DuPont Sustainable Solutions provides customers with consulting on workplace safety and operational excellence to help achieve increased production and reduced incidents.
DuPont high performance materials include chemicals, polymers, elastomers, fibres, fabrics and garments. We have a significant offering of products for extreme environments and applications that support increasing service life, improving reliability, productivity and working at peak efficiency.
Teflon PFA is a perfluoroalkoxy copolymer resin available in pellet or powder. Teflon PFA combines the processing ease of conventional thermoplastic resins with the excellent properties of Teflon polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE).
While Abcite Thermoplastic Coatings is specifically formulated as a tough, chip-resistant finish for corrosion protection in a very demanding environment, a statement said.
Greases from DuPont Krytox Performance Lubricants deliver long-lasting lubricity and viscosity performance that no hydrocarbon-based grease can match, it added.
These advanced lubricants deliver measurable value, reducing maintenance costs for re-lubrication, component failure and downtime. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt will get oil aid from Arab states
- New technology for Bahrain's gas industry to save $300m
- Innovations key focus at Geoscience expo
- Iran seals gas export deal with Oman
- Total unit inks Elf Lubricants agreement
- Opec raises forecast for 2014 global oil demand
- Mitsui joins DME as trading member
- GE Power Conversion wins major SEC order
- Basra Light crude exports to rebound in April
- Aramco to produce unconventional gas for projects
- Alstom opens smart grid centre in Dubai
- Experts discuss key geosciences issues
- Egypt to permit factories to use coal for energy
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director