Masdar rewards art competition winners
Abu Dhabi, January 28, 2013
Masdar, Abu Dhabi’s renewable energy company, today awarded iPhones and iPad minis to five students who won the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week Artwork Competition.
The company held the contest so that young people would be encouraged to join the dialogue surrounding sustainability, in advance of the inaugural Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (ADSW).
The contest required students to submit artwork that creatively addressed the question, “What does a green, sustainable future look like in the UAE?”
It received more than 50 entries from 18 schools across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah and one from a University in Cairo, Egypt, a statement from Masdar said.
“Our young people represent the future of our planet, and Masdar’s art competition symbolised our commitment to education and innovation as important drivers of sustainability,” said Aida Al Busaidy, who is responsible for Masdar’s youth outreach programmes. “Highlighting the beginning of Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week, the contest engaged young minds to show that they, too, are an important part of the conversation about sustainable solutions.”
The engagement of youth in the dialogue about sustainability is part of an ongoing Masdar outreach programme aimed at connecting young people with the theme of sustainability.
The winners were chosen based on how creatively they expressed the importance of sustainability, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- BP to invest $2.85bn in Iraq's largest oilfield
- 200 firms gear up for Saudi Energy
- Siemens wins $266m jobs from Saudi Electricity
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant
- Qatar sets up $1bn energy infrastructure fund