GPIC reports top production record
Manama, February 20, 2013
The Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) has recorded its highest-ever monthly production in January this year, a top official said.
Company president Abdulrahman Jawahery said the total 140,258 metric tonnes (mt) production included 61,549 mt of granular urea, 39,995 mt of ammonia and 38,714 mt of methanol.
"This record follows the company completing its biggest-ever periodic maintenance of its plants and facilities in November," Jawahery said.
"We spend a significant amount on capital expenditure projects to carry out continuous improvements which helps the company maintain the plants at an optimum efficiency," he said.
He said the support of company chairman and adviser to HRH the Premier on Industrial and Oil Affairs Shaikh Isa bin Ali Al Khalifa as well as the efforts of employees had helped to achieve the milestone. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone
- Iran, Iraq put Opec on notice of big oil increases
- Iraq, Kurds close to deal on oil exports, revenue
- Kuwait refinery signs up Honeywell
- Alstom to set up Saudi power generation JV