Focus on environmental issues in energy
Doha, July 7, 2013
Regional environmental experts will address the role of the energy sector in supporting a sustainable environmental agenda in the region at a forum to be held in Doha in September.
The three-day 9th Annual HSE Forum in Energy will take place at the Doha Grand Hyatt, from September 30 to October 2 and is being organised by Fleming Gulf Conferences.
The event will feature a dedicated social and environmental performance stream with a series of four presentations covering a range of topics including industry environmental collaboration, managing climate change and effective hazardous waste management, said a statement.
“Environmental issues have long been, and will remain a crucial focus for the region’s energy sector as the world wakes up and takes on board the consequences of inaction. Commitment to these issues and the investment needed to achieve sustainable outcomes will be a hot ticket item at this year’s forum event,” said Zenab Husain, conference director.
Kaushik Deb, head of environment for RasGas, will present a case study on the company’s coral relocation programme for its high profile Barzan Gas Project, said the statement.
Deb will also address environmental sector challenges, touching on the need for regional resource development and improving stakeholder engagement to drive sustained activity initiated by the oil and gas industry.
Other speakers include Brian Sullivan, IPIECA’s executive director, who will discuss enabling improvement in social and environmental performance in the oil and gas industry; the UNEP’s regional climate change co-ordinator, Abdul-Majeid Haddad, on managing climate change risks and opportunities; and Dr Mohammad Aref, Weatherford QHSE manager UAE, speaking about effective hazardous waste management, it said.
The conference and exhibition is designed to help support initiatives to reduce workplace fatalities and maintain employee wellbeing in the region’s energy sector, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt will get oil aid from Arab states
- New technology for Bahrain's gas industry to save $300m
- Innovations key focus at Geoscience expo
- Iran seals gas export deal with Oman
- Total unit inks Elf Lubricants agreement
- Opec raises forecast for 2014 global oil demand
- Mitsui joins DME as trading member
- GE Power Conversion wins major SEC order
- Basra Light crude exports to rebound in April
- Aramco to produce unconventional gas for projects
- Alstom opens smart grid centre in Dubai
- Experts discuss key geosciences issues
- Egypt to permit factories to use coal for energy
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director